Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yesterday after saying "How I wished I could make myself have the Dreyer's Vanilla Ice Cream that I have been craving for", tonight after dinner I ate ice-cream! A full-fat ice cream bar!! I had one Ice Manju Strawberry bar! It's a Japanese kind of ice-cream. Full-cream milk ice-cream and inside packed with sweet red bean paste and coated with vanilla flavoured milk with strawberry bits. I had originally not want to devour the whole thing but even thou in the end I didn't really like love it but at least it tasted nice. When my mum asked me if I wanted to finish the bar I didn't even hesitate. I said Okay and ate it all. Okay, I know this is definitely not normal for someone who doesn't have an ED but I still want to congratulate myself and pat myself on the back for totally kicking ED in the butt. It was a triumph for me. Of course after that I was really really guilty and felt that my tummy just instantly grew bigger but, I guess it's just all my own imagination and even if it is true, I believe that the additional fats and weight does help. It gives me more health and happiness? Cannot believe myself that I am actually saying ice-cream is considered something healthy and good. People term ice-cream as a kind of junk food, like what they say, empty calories, but for me now, no food is supposed to be out of boundaries and I have to always remember that EVERYTHING IN MODERATION IS GOOD FOR YOU AND CAN BE PART OF A HEALTHY DIET!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl,
    that is awesome. You should feel incredibly proud for challenging yourself to eat ice cream. That meant facing your fears, and such an act take a lot of strength and determination that is not easy for "regular" people to understand.
    Ice cream is to be enjoyed - keep fighting, I am very proud of you for kicking ED this night :)

    Hedda

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! You are amazing!!! I am so super proud of you!!!
    Ice cream is a challenge, but you did it. Next time you are scared to eat something.... just say... hey, I did ice cream. This can't be too bad!!

    ReplyDelete